DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
WHEEL LEAN ARMS
INSTALL WHEEL LEAN ARMS
Pump Group (or electric)
1. Install the two seals in the front axle with tooling
(A). Install the seals so the lip is even with and
toward the inner surface of the front axle.
2. Install bearings (1) in the front axle with tooling (B).
Install the bearings so they just make con-tact with
Tooling (B) must be used when the bearings are
installed to prevent causing damage.
3. Fasten a hoist to wheel lean arm (2). Put it in
position on the front axle.
4. Install pin (4) in the front axle and the wheel lean
arm. Make sure the groove in pin (4) is in aligment
with the opening in the wheel lean arm.
5. Install the pin in the wheel lean bar and the wheel
lean arm. Shims must be used between the pin
and retainer (3) to give a .030 in. (0.76 mm)
minimum gap between retainer (3) and the wheel
lean bar. Make sure the groove in the pin is in
alignment with the opening in the wheel lean arm.
6. Put lock (5) in position in the pin and the wheel
lean arm. Install the nut, washer and bolt (6) that
hold the lock. Tighten the bolt to a torque of 515 +
20 lb.ft. (700 + 25 N.m)
7. Install the plugs in the wheel lean arm with tooling
8. Repeat Steps 1 through 7 for the other wheel lean
a) install wheel spindles and wheel spindle