INSTALL WHEEL SPINDLES
1. Heat bearing (1) to a temperature of 275F
(1350C). Install bearing (1) on wheel spindle (2).
2. Make sure the Duo-Cone seals are clean and dry.
Make sure all the metal surfaces that the seals
make contact with are clean and dry. In-stall the
Duo-Cone seal in the wheel spindle with tooling
3. Lower the temperature of bearing cups (3). Install
the bearing cups in the wheel spindle housing.
4. Install Duo-Cone seal (4) in the wheel spindle
housing with tooling (A). Put a small amount of oil
on the metal surfaces of both seals that make
contact with each other.
5. Heat the inner bearing to a maximum tempera-ture
of 2750F (1350C). Fasten a hoist to the wheel
spindle housing. Install the inner bearing on wheel
spindle. Install spindle in housing.
6. Install retainer (6) and bolts (5) that hold the
retainer to the wheel spindle. Tighten the bolts to a
torque of 95 + 5 Ib.ft. (130 + 7 N.m).
7. Install a new O-ring seal on cover (9). Put the
cover in position on the wheel spindle housing.
Install bolts (7) that hold it.
8. Tighten bolt (8) to a torque of 515 + 20 lb.ft. (700
+ 25 N.m). Fill the wheel spindle housing with oil to
its correct level.
a) install front wheels