DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
WHEEL SPINDLES AND WHEEL SPINDLE HOUSINGS
REMOVE WHEEL SPINDLES AND
WHEEL SPINDLE HOUSING
Pump Group (or electric)
a) remove front wheels
1. Install the lock pin in the wheel lean bar and the
front axle. Remove the nut, washer and bolt (1)
that hold the lock in position. Remove the lock.
2. Remove bolt (2), the washer and the retainer.
Remove the pin from the wheel lean cylinder. Do
not remove the pin from the wheel lean arm. Start
the engine. Move the cylinder rod into the wheel
lean cylinder. Shut off the engine.
3. Remove the cotter pin from the steering tie rod pin.
Loosen nut (3) until it is even with the end of the
steering tie rod pin. Hit the nut with a hammer to
loosen the pin from its taper. Move the steering tie
rod away from the wheel spindle housing.
4. Repeat Step 3 for steering cylinder (4).
5. Remove the plug from the top and the bottom of
the wheel lean arm with tooling (A). Remove the
nuts, washers and bolts (5).
6. Fasten a hoist to the wheel spindle housing.
Remove the pins from the wheel spindle housing
and the wheel lean arm with tooling (B).
7. Remove wheel spindle and wheel spindle housing
(8). Weight is 415 lb. (187 kg). Remove thrust
pack (6) from the wheel lean arm. Re-move the O-
ring seals and seals (7) from the wheel spindle
8. Remove the bearings from the wheel lean arm.
9. Repeat Steps I through 8 for the other wheel
spindle and wheel spindle housing.