INSTALL FRONT AXLE
1. Install four new bearings (1) in the front axle with
tooling (B). Install the bearings .282 .016 in.
(7.16 + 0.4 mm) from each surface of the axle.
Tooling (B) must be used when the bearings are
installed to prevent damage.
2. Install four new seals (2) in the front axle with
tooling (C). Install the seals with the lip toward the
outside surface and even with the outside surface
of the front axle.
3. Fasten a hoist to the front axle. Put front axle (3) in
position on the frame.
4. Install the front pin and washer (4). Install the rear
pin and washer (5). Make sure the holes in the
pins are in alignment with the holes in the frame.
Install the bolts and the nuts that hold the pins to
the frame and the front axle.
5. Connect oil lines (6) to the steering cylinders.
Connect oil lines (7) to the wheel lean cylinder.
a) install front wheels
b) install steering tie rod
c) install wheel lean bar