Every 500 Service Hours or 3 Months
(33) Transmission and Differential Housing Filter
1. Remove filter housing drain plug and allow oil to
4. Clean filter housing base and inspect seals. Replace
seals if necessary.
5. Wash the filter housing in clean, nonflammable
2. Loosen filter housing using nut on bottom of housing.
Remove housing and filter element.
6. Install a new filter element in the housing.
The nut on the bottom of the housing is for removal
purpose only. Do not overtighten housing.
7. Install the filter housing, hand tight only. Turn an
additional 3/4 turn after filter housing contacts base.
8. With the engine running and the oil warm, oil level
should be in the OPERATING RANGE. Add oil if
9. Inspect for leaks.
3. Remove and discard filter element.
10. Stop the engine.