(26) Cooling System--Add Cooling System Conditioner
If liquid conditioner is used, do not
add conditioner monthly unless the
engine has actually operated 250
At operating temperature, engine
Service Hours. Adding conditioner
coolant is hot and under pressure.
before 250 Service Hours will result in
Steam can cause personal injury.
Check coolant only when engine is
stopped and radiator cap is cool
enough to touch with your hand.
Remove filler cap slowly to relieve
Cooling system conditioner contains
alkali. Avoid contact with skin and
eyes to prevent personal injury.
2. Observe condition of radiator cap gasket. Replace if
conditioner with DOWtherm 209 Full-
used one is damaged.
3. Add 0.5 liters (0.5 quart) of Caterpillar Cooling
System Conditioner to this system.
Machine must be level, parking brake applied, equipment
lowered to the ground, engine stopped and the coolant
4. Install the radiator cap.
It may be necessary to drain enough coolant to allow for
the addition of coolant conditioner.
1. Loosen radiator cap slowly to relieve pressure, then