DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
REMOVE WHEEL SPINDLES
a) remove front wheels
1. Remove drain plug (2). Drain the oil from the
wheel spindle housing. Put plug (2) in position in
the wheel spindle housing.
2. Remove the washers and bolts (1) that hold cover
(3) to the wheel spindle housing. Remove cover
(3). Remove the O-ring seal from the cover.
3. Remove bolts (5) that hold retainer (6) to the wheel
spindle. Remove the retainer.
4. Loosen bolt (4).
5. Install tooling (A) under the head of bolt (6) and
against the wheel spindle.
6. Tighten the nut on tooling (A) to push the wheel
spindle away from the inner bearing.
7. Remove wheel spindle from the wheel spindle
8. Remove Duo-Cone seals (7) from wheel spindle
and the wheel spindle housing. Remove tooling
9. Remove spindle housing inner bearing cone.
10. Remove the two bearing cups (8) from the wheel
11. Remove bearing cone (9) from the wheel spindle
with tooling (B).