TRAVELING AND EARTH MOVING OPERATIONS CONTINUED
N OT E
During left-hand grading, right lift (heel) cylinder will be vertical and left lift (toe) cylinder
will be slightly angled.
1. Position the grader outside the working area of the project centered on the previous windrow of the project
2. Raise the scarifier log all the way up.
3. Lower the moldboard to within 4-6 in. (100-150 mm) of the surface.
4. Pitch the blade half way.
Figure 26. Pitch Blade Halfway.
5. Circle the blade clockwise to a 25-30 degree angle with the toe facing the left front tire.
6. Centershift the circle assembly to the right until the heel cylinder is straight up and down.
Figure 27. Adjusting Centershift.