TRAVELING AND EARTH MOVING OPERATIONS CONTINUED
13. After the material is feathered to a smooth termination, pull off at a 45 degree angle to the toe side.
14. Stop the grader and straighten the front wheels.
WARN I N G
Never back the grader with the front tires leaned. Steering accuracy is compromised. After
completing each general position, always return the front wheels to straight up and down
position prior to executing the next position. Failure to follow this warning may result in
personal injury or death.
15. Raise both lift cylinders until the moldboard is high enough to clear all obstacles.
16. Execute a three-point turn toward the toe and position the grader to straddle the windrow just made. Ensure
the windrow is between the wheels, and do not drive on top of it.
17. Stop the grader just outside the boundary line.
END OF TASK
1. Position the grader to straddle the last windrow made.
2. Raise the scarifier log all the way up.
3. Raise the moldboard 4-6 in. (100-150 mm) off the surface and pitch the blade halfway.
4. Circle the blade to 0 degree angle.
5. Centershift the circle assembly until both lift cylinders are equally spaced to the main frame.
6. Lower the moldboard to half the height of the windrow to be spread.
N OT E
Do not lean the front wheels. The wheels will remain straight during this grading method.
7. Place the grader in forward motion, making only minor adjustments to the moldboard.
8. Continue to the end of the project or until material in front of the moldboard passes under it.
END OF TASK