TRAVELING AND EARTH MOVING OPERATIONS CONTINUED
N OT E
During right-hand grading, left lift (heel) cylinder will be vertical, and right lift (toe) cylinder
will be slightly angled.
1. Position the grader outside the working area of the project approximately 12-18 in. (30-45 cm) from the right
boundary of the project area.
2. Raise the scarifier log all the way up.
3. Lower the moldboard to within 4-6 in. (100-150 mm) from the surface. This will provide unrestricted movement
and prevent metal-to-metal contact.
4. Pitch the blade half way.
Figure 19. Pitch Blade Half Way.
5. Circle the blade counterclockwise to a 25-30 degree angle with the toe facing the right front tire.
6. Centershift the circle assembly to the left until the heel cylinder is straight up and down.
Figure 20. Adjusting Centershift.