TRAVELING AND EARTH MOVING OPERATIONS CONTINUED
4. Continue to grade.
Figure 18. Exiting "S" Curve.
END OF TASK
C AU T I O N
When using the scarifier, the frame must be straight.
When carrying the scarifier in the fully raised position, do not allow the scarifier beam or
shanks to contact the drawbar.
Raise the scarifier when turning. Failure to follow these cautions may cause damage to
Do not reverse the scarifier teeth. They may impact frame.
N OT E
If material begins to accumulate in front of scarifier, reduce depth of scarifier or reduce
number of shanks being used.
Use all shanks in light material, fewer shanks in heavier material.
Break up paving by digging under surface and lifting scarifier.
1. Position the grader outside the working area of the project to configure the grader for scarifying.
2. Raise the scarifier log all the way up.
3. Raise the moldboard 4-6 in. (100-150 mm) off the surface and pitch the blade halfway.
4. Circle the blade to a 25-30 degree angle.
5. Centershift until the heel cylinder is straight up and down.
6. Fully raise the moldboard 4-6 in. (100-150 mm) above the surface.
7. Lower the scarifier log to the surface.
8. Place the grader in forward motion.
9. Lower the scarifier log as it crosses the project starting point and penetrate the surface
10. Scarify the entire length of the area to a minimum depth of 6 in. (150 mm).
11. Raise the scarifier log at the finish point.
12. Exit the project area, pull off at a 45 degree angle, and stop the grader.
13. Return to the starting point, ensuring you are not backing over the scarified area, and reposition the grader for
a second scarifying pass.
14. Overlap teeth on subsequent passes.
15. Repeat until completed.
END OF TASK