DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
FT1174 Lifting Bracket
FT1279 Transmission Stand
1. Fasten a hoist to differential (1) as shown.
Put the differential in position on the
transmission. Install the lockwashers and
the nuts that hold the differential to the
Remove the hoist and the
2. Install tooling (A) on transmission (2).
Fasten a hoist to tooling (A). Remove the
bolts that hold the transmission on to the
bracket on tool (B). Install the manifold
and the bolts.
3. Put the transmission and the differential in
position in the bevel gear housing and
against the flywheel housing. Turn the
transmission oil pump to put the coupling
in alignment with the flywheel.
4. Install the nuts and the lockwashers that
hold the differential to the bevel gear case.
Install bolts (5) that hold the transmission
to the flywheel housing. Remove tooling
(A). Install lifting eyes (3) and the bolts
that hold them.
5. Put filler tube (4) in position on the
differential carrier. Install the bolts that
6. Loosen nuts (7) on each side of the ma-
chine. Turn bolts (6) away from the frame.
Tighten nuts (7).
7. Put cables (8) in position in the links of the
transmission control valves. Push couplings
(11) into position in the transmission.
Tighten nuts (9) against the couplings. Put
retainer (10) in position over the couplings.
Install the bolts that hold the retainer to the
8. Connect the oil lines to their correct loca-
tions on the relief control valve.
9. Put the water supply tube in position on the
left side of the engine. Install the hose and
tighten the clamp at the water pump elbow.
Install the bolt that holds the tube to the
flywheel housing. Fill the transmission with
oil to its correct level.
a) install axles
b) install differential lock actuator valve
c) install parking brake rotochamber
and release valve
d) install rear bumper
e) install air tank
f) install radiator and guard
g) install fan drive
h) install fuel tank