DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
FT1174 Lifting Bracket
FT1279 Transmission Stand
1. Drain the oil from the transmission. Put
identification on transmission oil cooler
lines (2) as to their location on the relief
control valve. Disconnect the oil lines from
2. Remove the bolt that holds tube (3) to the
flywheel housing. Loosen the hose clamps
that hold tube (3) to the elbow for the
water pump. Remove tube (3).
3. Loosen the nut on bolts (1) on each side of
the flywheel housing. Turn bolts (1) until
they are against the frame. Tighten the nuts
on the bolts. Remove the lifting eyes from
4. Loosen nuts (6) and slide them over cables
(4). Remove bolts (7). Slide retainer (8)
over cables (4).
5. Remove couplings (5) from the transmission
housing with a screwdriver. Lift the trans-
mission control cables out of the notches in
the links in the transmission control valves.
6. Remove the two bolts that hold oil filler
tube (9) to the top of the differential.
7. Remove oil filler tube (9).
a) remove fuel tank
b) remove fan drive
c) remove radiator and guard
d) remove air tank
e) remove rear bumper
f) remove parking brake rotochamber
and release valve
g) remove differential lock actuator
h) remove axles