DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
REMOVE STEERING CYLINDERS
1. Disconnect oil lines (4) from the steering cylinder.
2. Remove bolt (2). Remove pin (1) that holds the
cylinder to the front axle.
3. Fasten a hoist to the cylinder.
4. Remove the cotter pin from nut (3) and the pin.
Loosen nut (3). Loosen the pin from its taper.
Remove nut (3).
5. Remove steering cylinder (5).
6. Repeat Steps I through 5 for the other cylinder.
NOTE: See DISASSEMBLE
INSTALL STEERING CYLINDERS
1. Fasten a hoist to the steering cylinder. Put steering
cylinder (1) in position on the front axle and the
wheel spindle housing. Install the pin that holds the
cylinder to the front axle. Install the bolt that holds
2. Install nut (2) on the pin. Tighten the nut to a
torque of 100 10 lb.ft. (135 14 N.m). Always
tighten the nut to put the cotter groove (slot) in
alignment with the hole in the pin. Remove the
3. Connect oil lines (3) to their correct locations on
4. Repeat Steps I through 3 for the other cylinder.