PISTON PUMP (BRAKE, HYDRAULIC FAN) HIGH PRESSURE STALL TEST AND ADJUST CONTINUED
C AU T I O N
During this test procedure, operation of engine for more than 1 minute durations can
cause damage to pump.
14. Start engine and set engine speed to wide open throttle (TM 5-3805-293-10).
15. Check pressure on gauge within one minute of engine running. High pressure cutoff setting should be
3,118 ± 100 psi (21,500 ± 689 kPa).
16. Turn engine OFF (TM 5-3805-293-10).
17. If adjustment is necessary, perform following operation:
a. Loosen locknut (Figure 11, Item 2) on cooling fan and brake piston pump (Figure 11, Item 1).
b. Turn adjustment screw (Figure 11, Item 3) clockwise, in 1/4 turn increments, to increase high pressure cut-
Turn adjustment screw (Figure 11, Item 3) counterclockwise, in 1/4 turn increments, to decrease high pres-
sure cutoff setting.
d. Repeat steps 14 through 17 as needed to adjust high pressure cutoff setting.
18. Tighten locknut (Figure 11, Item 2) on cooling fan and brake piston pump (Figure 11, Item 1).
Figure 11. Cooling Fan and Brake Pump Adjustment.