PISTON PUMP (BRAKE, HYDRAULIC FAN) MARGIN PRESSURE TEST AND ADJUST
WARN I N G
Personal injury can result from hydraulic oil pressure and hot oil. Hydraulic oil pressure
can remain in hydraulic system after engine has been stopped. Serious injury can be
caused if this pressure is not released before any service is done on hydraulic system.
Make sure all work tools have been lowered to ground and oil is cool before removing any
components or lines. Remove oil filler cap only when engine is stopped, and filler cap is
cool enough to touch with your bare hand.
1. Park machine on hard, level surface (TM 5-3805-293-10).
2. Pump service brake pedal at intervals of one second on and one second off for at least 110 applications.
3. Remove bolt (Figure 17, Item 1), washer (Figure 17, Item 2), nut (Figure 17, Item 3), and clamp (Figure 17,
Item 4) from lines (Figure 17, Items 5 and 6).
4. Position drain pan under machine.
5. Remove line (Figure 17, Item 5) from machine.
Figure 17. Clamp and Lines.