TRAVELING AND EARTH MOVING OPERATIONS CONTINUED
13. Back the grader along the outside edge of the windrow to the start point.
N OT E
Steps 14 through 26 pertain to cleaning the shoulder of the ditch.
This task is accomplished by placing the grader in the wide side reach position.
14. Position the grader so the left front tire is approximately 12-15 in. (30-38 cm) to the right of the ditch center line
and stop the grader.
15. Adjust the height of the blade to approximately 4-6 in. (100-150 mm) off the surface and then rotate the
moldboard to 0 degrees.
16. Centershift all the way to the left.
17. Readjust the height of the blade to approximately 2 in. (50 mm) off the surface.
18. Blade side shift all the way left.
C AU T I O N
Do not adjust the moldboard height, especially the heel (right) lift cylinder. The view is
obscured because the heel is under the main frame of the grader.
19. Circle the moldboard clockwise until the toe is approximately 12-15 in. (30-38 cm) from the outside edge of the
left front tire (approximately a 45 degree angle).
Figure 58. Adjusting Blade to Deliver Material.
20. Place the grader in forward motion and maintain a position and course so the toe of the moldboard passes
directly over the center of the ditch.
21. Apply enough down pressure on the toe side to skim the material from the shoulder. Do not cut the shoulder.
Figure 59. Lowering Blade to the Ground.