TRAVELING AND EARTH MOVING OPERATIONS CONTINUED
29. Place the grader in forward motion and maintain a straight course by keeping the grader centered on the
N OT E
With the heel raised approximately 2-3 in. (50-75 mm), the loose material from the ditch
should pass under and off the heel of the moldboard, thereby establishing the crown of the
30. Skim the shoulder of the road with the toe and spread the windrow to form the surface of the road.
31. At the end of the pass, ensure the material is feathered prior to stopping the grader.
32. Straighten the front wheels and raise both lift cylinders all the way up.
33. Reposition the grader at the finishing end of the project. The grader should be positioned to establish a V-ditch
on the other side of the project area going the opposite direction.
N OT E
Steps 34 through 39 pertain to "Center Windrow Positioning."
34. Position the grader in the center windrow.
35. Lower the blade to approximately 4-6 in. (100-150 mm) above the ground.
36. Circle the blade until it is at a 0 degree angle.
37. Lateral shift the circle assembly until the cylinders are in a V shape.
38. Position the front wheels straight up and down.
39. Lower the blade to half the height of the windrow.
N OT E
Steps 40 through 42 pertain to "Leveling the Area."
Determine which of the following procedures is applicable to the current task. Proceed to
the step indicated.
Right to Left - go to Step 40
Left to Right - go to Step 41
Center to Right/Center to Left - go to Step 42