ENGINE STARTING AND MACHINE WARM-UP CONTINUED
6. Allow engine to run at low idle speed while observing engine system indicator or action light indicator. If either
indicator comes on during warm-up, shut down engine immediately and notify Field Level Maintenance.
7. Continue to idle machine while monitoring hydraulic oil temperature on Messenger dIsplay. Only operate
machine after hydraulic oil temperature is equal to or greater than 41°F (5°C). If necessary to raise hydraulic oil
temperature, cycle all implement and steering controls to allow warm hydraulic oil to circulate through all
END OF TASK
1. Choose a level surface to stop machine whenever possible.
2. Decrease engine speed.
3. Apply service brakes to slow machine. Apply transmission modulator pedal and service brakes to stop
4. Place transmission control switch in NEUTRAL position (WP 0004).
6. Lower scarifier to the ground and apply a slight downward pressure (WP 0004).
7. Angle blade to either side, lower onto wood blocks and tilt forward.
8. Lock out hydraulic controls by placing the hydraulic lockout switch in the LOCK position (WP 0004).
C AU T I O N
Stopping the engine immediately after it has been working under load can result in
overheating and accelerated wear of engine components.
1. Operate engine at low idle for five minutes to allow engine and components to cool gradually.
WARN I N G
Use caution and maintain three-point contact at all times when dismounting machine.
Failure to follow this warning may result in injury or death to personnel.
Exit cab through left door.
Use steps and hand holds to dismount. Face machine when dismounting (WP 0004).
Secure machine against vandalism. Lock all covers and compartments.
Operator Presence System
The Operator Presence System automatically engages the parking brake when the operator leaves seat when the
parking brake is disengaged, and machine is running but not moving. Once the operator returns to the seat, the
parking brake must be disengaged by cycling the switch to the ON position then back to OFF position (WP 0004).
If the steering joystick was disturbed during this process, steering joystick will need to be realigned with front
wheels. Refer to Joystick Steering in this work package.
END OF TASK