ENGINE STARTING AND MACHINE WARM-UP
WARN I N G
CARBON MONOXIDE (EXHAUST GASES) CAN KILL!
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, deadly poison which, when breathed, deprives
the body of oxygen and causes suffocation. Exposure to air containing carbon monoxide
produces symptoms of headache, dizziness, loss of muscular control, apparent
drowsiness, and coma. Permanent brain damage or death can result from severe
monoxide can become dangerously concentrated under conditions of inadequate
ventilation. The following precautions must be observed to ensure safety of personnel
when the engine of the 120M Grader is operated.
DO NOT operate engine in enclosed areas.
DO NOT idle engine without adequate ventilation.
BE ALERT for exhaust poisoning symptoms. They are:
Loss of muscular control
If you see another person with exhaust poisoning symptoms:
· Remove person from area.
· Expose to fresh air.
· Keep person warm.
· DO NOT permit physical exercise.
· Notify a medic.
(CBRN) protection will not protect you from carbon monoxide poisoning.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Engine exhaust and some of its constituents
are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive
The Best Defense Against Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Is Good Ventilation!