WARN I N G
Hot oil and hot components can cause personal injury. Do not allow hot oil to contact skin.
Wear protective eye covering and gloves.
Lubricating oil is very slippery Immediately wipe up any oil spills.
When servicing this machine, performing maintenance, or disposing of hazardous
materials, consult your unit/local hazardous waste disposal center or safety office for local
regulatory guidance. If further information is needed, please contact The Army
Environmental Hotline at 1-800-872-3845.
Failure to follow these warningsmay cause injury to personnel.
1. Clean area around transmission oil filter drain plug (Figure 1, Item 5).
2. Position drain pan under transmission oil filter housing (Figure 1, Item 3).
3. Remove drain plug (Figure 1, Item 5) and O-ring (Figure 1, Item 4) from transmission oil filter housing
(Figure 1, Item 3). Discard O-ring.
4. Remove dust cover (Figure 1, Item 2) and loosen oil sampling valve (Figure 1, Item 1) to vent transmission oil
filter housing (Figure 1, Item 3).
5. Remove transmission oil filter housing (Figure 2, Item 3) from transmission (Figure 2, Item 6).
Figure 1. Transmission Oil Filter Housing and Drain Plug.