N OT E
The procedure for front and rear wheel and tire removal and installation is identical for left
and right sides of machine.
Right-side front wheel and tire is shown in this procedure.
Front Wheel and Tire
1. Chock rear wheels (TM 5-3805-293-10).
2. Loosen eight bolts (Figure 1, Item 1).
3. Position lifting device under front of machine.
4. Raise machine until front wheel and tire assemblies (Figure 1, Item 3) are off the ground.
5. Position vehicle support stand under front axle opposite wheel and lower machine onto vehicle support stand.
6. Position truck wheel lift on front wheel and tire assembly (Figure 1, Item 3).
7. Remove eight bolts (Figure 1, Item 1), washers (Figure 1, Item 2) from front wheel and tire assembly (Figure 1,
WARN I N G
Use extreme caution when handling heavy parts. Provide adequate support and use
assistance during procedure. Ensure any lifting device used is in good condition and of
suitable load capacity. Keep clear of heavy parts supported only by lifting device. Failure to
follow this warning may cause injury or death to personnel.