Rear Wheel and Tire
WARN I N G
Use extreme caution when handling heavy parts. Provide adequate support and use
assistance during procedure. Ensure any lifting device used is in good condition and of
suitable load capacity. Keep clear of heavy parts supported only by lifting device. Failure
to follow this warning may cause injury or death to personnel.
N OT E
The procedure for rear wheel and tire removal and installation is identical for left and righ
sides of machine as well as front and rear tandems.
Right-side rear wheel and tire is shown in this procedure.
Weight of rear wheel and tire assembly is 475 lb (215 kg)
1. Chock front wheels (TM 5-3805-293-10).
2. Use a suitable jack to raise the rear of the vehicle until wheel is off the ground.
3. Position vehicle support stand at a suitable location and lower machine onto vehicle support stand.
4. Position truck wheel lift on rear wheel and tire assembly (Figure 2, Item 1).
5. Remove 10 bolts (Figure 2, Item 2) and washers (Figure 2, Item 3) from wheel and tire assembly (Figure 2,
6. Remove rear wheel and tire assembly (Figure 2, Item 1) from spindle hub (Figure 2, Item 4).
7. Remove wheel and tire assembly (Figure 2, Item 1) from truck wheel lift.
Figure 2. Wheel and Tire.
END OF TASK