Table 1. Transmission Code (0041-03 to 0444-06) Troubleshooting Procedures - Continued.
CDI FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
0144-05 Backup Alarm Relay
Current Below Normal
Backup alarm will not operate.
ECM will log diagnostic code.
Test Step 1. Test Relay Control.
N OT E
Always inspect the harness connectorsthat are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure,
and that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with a
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this diagnostic
code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short circuit test ateach harness connection to identify
correct harness to replace.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
Trans/Chassis 120M ECM and
verify 0144-05 is active.
2. Turn ignition switch to the OFF
3. Disconnect backup relay harness
ure 142) from backup alarm relay
4. Disconnect harness connector
from transmission ECM J2 (WP
0009, Figure 112) (WP 0137).
5. Install jumper wire between
backup relay harness connector
terminal 2 and terminal 5.
continuity between harness con-
Connect harness connector FA-C21
124) terminal 5 and terminal 4.
Proceed to step 10.
7. Remove jumper wire from backup
relay harness connector FA-C33
and terminal 5.