Table 2. Engine Troubleshooting with Codes for the 120M Motor Grader - Continued.
CDI FMI CODE
0001-06 Cylinder #1 Injector
4. At the MSD check if all three diag- 0004-05, 0005-05, and 0006-05
Current Above Normal -
nostic codes 0004-05, 0005-05,
Diagnostic Codes are Active -
and 0006-05 are active.
Replace the Engine ECM (WP 0067).
0001-06 Only Active - Proceed to
Test Step 2.
Test Step 2. Isolate Problem with
Engine Control Wiring Harness.
1. Turn ignition switch to the OFF
Figure 1) harness connector from
valve cover base.
3. Turn ignition switch to the ON
N OT E
Wait at least 30 seconds in order fordiagnostic codes to become active.
Other fuel injector diagnostic codes may also set; ignore those codes
during this procedure.
4. Start engine or attempt to start
0001-05 Becomes Active - ECM and
harness are OK, proceed to Test
5. At the MSD check that diagnostic
0001-06 Remains Active - Proceed
code 0001-05 is active.
to step 6.
6. Turn OFF the ignition and battery
7. Disconnect ECM harness connec-
from Engine ECM J2.
harness is shorted. Replace engine
control wiring harness (WP 0080).
Figure 3) terminal 57 and all other
No Continuity - ECM is faulty,
terminals and ground. There
replace engine ECM (WP 0067).
should be no continuity.
harness connector to EF-C1 (WP
0009, Figure 2) at the valve cover
Test Step 3. Test Forward Fuel
1. Turn OFF the ignition and battery