Table 2. Engine Troubleshooting with Codes for the 120M Motor Grader - Continued.
CDI FMI CODE
0001-05 Cylinder #1 Injector
4. At the MSD, check if all three
0004-05, 0005-05, and 0006-05
Current Below Normal -
diagnostic codes: 0004-05, 0005-
Diagnostic Codes are Active -
05, and 0006-05 are active.
Replace the engine ECM (WP 0067).
0001-05 Only Active - Proceed to
Test Step 2.
Test Step 2. Isolate Problem with
Engine Control Wiring Harness.
1. Turn ignition switch to the OFF
Figure 1) harness connector from
valve cover base.
3. Install jumper wire at EA-C11 (WP
0009, Figure 1) harness connec-
tor terminal 3 and terminal 4.
4. Turn ignition switch to the ON
N OT E
Wait at least 30 seconds in order for diagnostic codes to become active.
5. Start engine or attempt to start
0001-06 Becomes Active - ECM and
engine control wiring harness are OK,
proceed to Test Step 3.
6. At the MSD, check that diagnostic
0001-05 Remains Active - Proceed
code 0001-06 is active.
to step 7.
7. Turn OFF the ignition and battery
8. Leave jumper wire at EA-C11
nector between terminal 3 and
terminal 4 in place.
9. Disconnect ECM harness connec-
from Engine ECM J2.