DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
DISASSEMBLE ROCKER SHAFT
a) remove rocker shaft and push rods
1. Remove O-ring seal (I) from the rear sup-
NOTE: A replacement of the O-ring seal must be
made each time the head bolt is removed from the
rear support bracket.
2. Remove retainer ring (6), washer (5), spring
(4) and washers (3) from each end of rocker
shaft. Make a note of the number of washers
(3) used at each end of the shaft. Remove
rocker arms (2) from each end of the rocker
shaft. All the rocker arms, springs, washers and
brackets, except rear support bracket, can be
removed from the shaft.
3. Remove pin from rear support bracket with a
hammer and punch. Remove rear support
bracket (7) from shaft.
4. Remove plugs from each end of the shaft if