Rear Wheel and Tire
WARN I N G
Use extreme caution when handling heavy parts. Provide adequate support and use
assistance during procedure. Ensure that any lifting equipment used is in good condition
and of suitable load capacity. Keep clear of heavy parts supported by lifting equipment.
Failure to follow this warning may result in death or injury to personnel.
N OT E
Weight of rear wheel and tire assembly is 475 lb (215 kg).
1. Position truck wheel lift on rear wheel and tire assembly (Figure 8, Item 1). Install rear wheel and tire assembly
onto spindle hub (Figure 8, Item 4).
2. Install 10 washers (Figure 8, Item 3) and bolts (Figure 8, Item 2) onto wheel and tire assembly (Figure 8,
Item 1). Remove truck wheel lift. Torque bolts to 664 lb-ft (900 Nm).
Figure 8. Wheel and Tire.
3. Using lifting device, raise machine.
4. Remove vehicle support stand from under vehicle.
5. Use lifting device to lower rear of vehicle until wheel is on the ground.
6. Check air pressure in all tires and adjust as necessary.
7. Remove tire chocks from front wheels (TM 5-3805-293-10).
END OF TASK