SERVICE UPON RECEIPT
General, Inspection Instructions, Servicing Instructions
References - Continued
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's
(WP 0354, Item 83)
SF Form 364
Cleaning Compound, Solvent, Type III
(WP 0355, Item 9)
Rag, Wiping (WP 0355, Item 25)
Machine parked (TM 5-3805-293-10)
DA Form 2404
DA Form 5988-E
Estimated Time To Complete
DD Form 1397
1. When a used or reconditioned 120M Motor Grader is first received, determine whether it has been properly
prepared for service and is in condition to perform its mission.
2. Follow these inspection and servicing instructions to assess the grader's condition.
1. Read and follow all precautions and instructions on DD Form 1397, Processing and Deprocessing Record for
Shipment, Storage, and Issue of Vehicles and Spare Engines.
2. Remove all packing and shipping material, such as tape, tiedown straps, protective covers, and shipping seals.
WARN I N G
Solvent cleaning compound MIL-PRF-680 Type III is an environmentally compliant and
low-toxic material. However, it may be irritating to the eyes and skin. Use protective gloves
and goggles. Use in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from open flames and other
sources of ignition. Failure to do so may result in injury or death to personnel.
3. Clean any exposed metal parts coated with rust-preventive compound using solvent cleaning compound (WP
4. Inspect equipment for any damage incurred during shipment. Check if equipment has been modified.
5. Check equipment against packing slip to ensure shipment is complete. Report any discrepancies on SF
Form 364, Report of Discrepancy (ROD).
6. Clean all external surfaces as needed. Touch up any paint scratches (see TM 43-0139, Painting Instructions
for Army Materiel, and TB 43-0242, CARC Spot Painting).