HYDRAULIC CYLINDER DRIFT CHECK CONTINUED
e. The piston should not move more than 0.12 inch per minute (3 mm/min).
Inspect all welds and seals for leaks. Note any unusual noise from testing in order to determine damaged
2. Stop engine (TM 5-3805-293-10).
END OF TASK
MAGNETIC SWITCH (SECONDARY STEERING RELAY) TEST
WARN I N G
The batteries must have a normal charge and the secondary steering electrical system
must be okay. A low charge condition, or any defect in the battery, battery cells, or
electrical circuit can cause loss of secondary steering and could result in personal injury
and/or damage to the machine.
N OT E
Once the secondary steering system has been activated, it should remain on for no more
than two minutes. This should be sufficient time to safely steer the machine to a stop.
When the machine is stopped, turn the key start switch to the OFF position in order to turn
off secondary steering. Prolonged use of the secondary steering system will cause the
electric motor to overheat and cause damage to its components.
1. Park machine on hard, level surface (TM 5-3805-293-10).
2. Press implement lockout switch to ON position (TM 5-3805-293-10).
3. Activate the parking brake (TM 5-3805-293-10).
4. Start engine and synchronize left steering joystick (TM 5-3805-293-10).
5. Depress secondary steering test switch (TM 5-3805-293-10).
Continue to depress secondary steering test switch. Secondary steering pump will run for a maximum of
6. Verify that steering faults or events do not occur on messenger (WP 0005).
7. Stop engine (TM 5-3805-293-10).
END OF TASK