PISTON PUMP (BRAKE, HYDRAULIC FAN) HIGH PRESSURE STALL TEST AND ADJUST
Hydraulic System Pressure Test Hose and Gauge
WARN I N G
Personal injury can result if machine moves while testing. If machine begins to move
during test, reduce engine speed immediately and engage parking brake. Sudden
movement of machine or release of oil under pressure can cause injury to persons on or
To prevent possible injury, perform procedure that follows before testing and adjusting
Hydraulic oil is very slippery. Immediatelywipe up any spills. Failure to follow this warning
may cause injury.
N OT E
Plug and cap hoses and fittings.
1. Run machine to reach normal operating temperature (TM 5-3805-293-10).
2. Park machine on hard, level surface (TM 5-3805-293-10).
3. Place transmission control switch switch in NEUTRAL and engage parking brake (TM 5-3805-293-10).
4. Lower work tools to ground (TM 5-3805-293-10), stop engine (TM 5-3805-293-10), and chock wheels.
5. Release hydraulic system pressure. Pump service brake pedal at intervals of one second on and one second
off for at least 110 applications.
6. Remove six bolts (Figure 1, Item 1), washers (Figure 1, Item 2), and fan guard (Figure 1, Item 3) from machine.