CONTENTS OF THIS MANUAL CONTINUED
3. Chapter 1, General Information, Equipment Description, and Theory of Operation, provides general informa-
tion on the manual and the equipment.
4. Chapter 2 covers Troubleshooting Procedures. WP 0010 contains the Troubleshooting Symptom Index. If the
machine malfunctions, this index should always be consulted to locate the appropriate troubleshooting proce-
5. Chapter 3 details PMCS Maintenance Instructions.
6. Chapter 4 covers Maintenance Instructions.
7. Chapter 5 details Arctic Kit Installation and Maintenance Instructions.
8. Chapter 6, Supporting Information, is found in Volume V, and includes References, Maintenance Allocation
Chart (MAC), and Expendable and Durable Items List.
FEATURES OF THIS MANUAL
1. WARNINGs, CAUTIONs, NOTEs, subject headings, and other important information are highlighted in BOLD
print as a visual aid.
WARN I N G
A WARNING indicates a hazard which may result in injury or death to personnel.
C AU T I O N
A CAUTION is a reminder of safety practices or directs attention to usage practices that
may result in damage to equipment.
N OT E
A NOTE is a statement containing information that will make the procedures easier to
2. Statements and words of particular interest may be printed in CAPITAL LETTERS to create emphasis.
3. Within a procedural step, reference may be made to another work package in this manual or to another man-
ual. These references indicate where you should look for more complete information.
a. If you are told: "Perform PMCS (WP 0047)," go to WP 0047 in this manual for instructions.
b. If you are told: "For complete information on servicing batteries, refer to TM 9-6140-200-13," go to the Ref-
erences work package (WP 0352) for complete information.
4. Illustrations are placed after, and close to, the procedural steps to which they apply. Callouts placed on the art
are text or numbers.
5. Numbers located at the lower right corner of an illustration (e.g., 469-0001; 469-0002) are art control numbers
and are used for tracking purposes only.
6. Dashed leader lines used in the Lubrication Chart (WP 0047) and in the PMCS Table (WP 0047) indicate that
called out lubrication points are located on both sides of the machine.
7. Technical instructions include metric units as well as standard units. For your reference, a Metric Conversion
Chart is located on the inside back cover of each volume.