Table 1. All-Wheel Drive (AWD) Code Troubleshooting - Continued.
CDI FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
2298-05 Right Front Drive
2298-05 Code Active - Repeat trou-
Pump Reverse Control Sole-
All Wheel Drive 120M and verify
bleshooting code from the beginning.
noid Current Below Normal -
2298-05 is not active.
2298-05 Code Not Active - Trouble-
Test Step 3. Test for Open Filter
Bypass, Pump Drive Solenoid Har-
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to the OFF
2. Remove jumper wire from AX-C1
terminal 5 and terminal 3 (WP
3. Remove front engine enclosure
access panel (WP 0226).
4. Disconnect filter bypass, pump
from rear chassis wiring FA-C37
Figure 79) (WP 0199).
5. Connect jumper wire between FA-
C37 terminal 5 and FA-C37 termi-
6. Turn battery disconnect switch
and ignition switch to the ON posi-
7. Check for Active code 2298-05 or
Code 2298-05 Remains Active - Pro-
2298-06 in All Wheel Drive 120M
ceed to Test Step 4.
Code 2298-05 Becomes Inactive
and 2298-06 Becomes Active -
Remove jumper wire from FA-C37 ter-
Replace filter bypass, pump drive
108) on right drive pump reverse sole-
and close access door.
Install front engine enclosure access
panel (WP 0226).
Proceed to step 8.