Table 1. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS)
with Lubrication Information - Continued.
NOT FULLY MISSION
WARN I N G
Hours or 2
· Personal injury can result from hot coolant, steam, and
· At operating temperature, engine coolant is hot and under
pressure. The radiator and all lines to heaters or the
engine contain hot coolant or steam. Any contact can
cause severe burns.
· Remove filler cap slowly to relieve pressure only when
engine is stopped and radiator cap is cool enough to touch
with your bare hand.
· Do not attempt to tighten hose connections when the
coolant is hot as the hose can come off causing burns.
· Cooling system conditioner contains alkali. Avoid contact
with skin and eyes.
a. Open cooling system pressure
cap access door (Figure 31,