Table 1. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS)
with Lubrication Information - Continued.
NOT FULLY MISSION
Tire inflation pressure more
c. Check tire inflation pressure
than 4 psi low.
with tire pressure gauge. Refer to
d. Check for loose or missing lug
Loose or two or more
missing lug bolts.
e. Check wheels for damage.
Check for damage and leaks from
Class III oil leak or damage
WARN I N G
· DO NOT service cooling system unless engine has been
allowed to cool down. This is a pressurized cooling
system and escaping steam or hot coolant will cause
· DO NOT remove cooling system radiator cap when
engine is hot. Allow engine to cool down. Loosen cap to
first stop and let any pressure out of cooling system, then
remove cap. Failure to follow this warning may cause
· Wear effective eye, hand, and skin protection when
handling coolants. Failure to do so may cause injury to
C AU T I O N
· Do not add water to pre-mixed antifreeze. If water is
added to pre-mixed antifreeze, it will be diluted and will not
provide proper engine protection and engine and/or cool-
ing system damage may occur.
· Be sure to identify the type of antifreeze being added, or
engine and/or cooling system damage may occur.
N OT E
· Some antifreeze is pre-mixed with water and does not
require mixing with water.
· Traditional antifreeze requires mixing with an equal
amount of water. Mix antifreeze and water before adding
to machine cooling system to ensure proper 1:1 ratio is
· It is allowable to mix traditional and pre-mix antifreeze
types in the same cooling system.