Table 1. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS)
with Lubrication Information - Continued.
NOT FULLY MISSION
WARN I N G
· DO NOT smoke or permit any open flame in area of
machine while you are servicing fuel system. Be sure
hose nozzle is grounded against filler tube during refueling
to prevent static electricity. Failure to follow this warning
may cause injury to personnel or damage to equipment.
· Operating personnel must wear fuel-resistant gloves when
handling fuels. If exposed to fuel, promptly wash exposed
skin and change fuel-soaked clothing.
N OT E
· Place portable fire extinguisher within reach prior to
· DO NOT overfill fuel tank. If fuel starts foaming from fuel
tank, stop IMMEDIATELY to avoid fuel spillage.
· Observe sight glass while adding fuel to ensure fuel spill-
age due to overfilling does not occur.
a. Check fuel tank, filler tube, and
Any fuel leaks or damage
filler cap for damage or leaks.
Figure 13. Fuel Tank, Filler Tube, Sight Glass, and Cap.