1. This chapter provides information for identifying and correcting malfunctions that you may find while operating
the 120M Motor Grader.
2. WP 0010, Troubleshooting Symptom Index lists common malfunctions which may occur and refers you to the
proper page in WP 0011 for a troubleshooting procedure.
3. If you are unaware of the location of an item mentioned in troubleshooting, refer to WP 0002, Equipment
Description and Data or WP 0004, Description and Use of Operator Controls and Indicators.
4. Before performing troubleshooting, read and follow all safety instructions found in the warning summary at the
front of this manual.
5. This chapter cannot list all malfunctions that may occur, nor all tests or inspections and corrective actions. If a
malfunction is not listed, or is not corrected by the listed corrective actions, notify Field Maintenance.
6. When troubleshooting a malfunction:
a. Locate the symptom or symptoms in WP 0010, Troubleshooting Index that best describes the malfunction.
If the appropriate symptom is not listed, notify Field Maintenance.
b. Turn to the page in WP 0011, Troubleshooting Procedures where the troubleshooting procedures for the
malfunction in question are described. Headings at the top of each page show how each troubleshooting
procedure is organized: Malfunction, Test or Inspection (in step number order), and Corrective Action.
Perform each step in the order listed until the malfunction is corrected and the item being inspected is
operational. DO NOT perform any maintenance task unless the troubleshooting procedure tells you
to do so.
EXPLANATION OF HEADINGS
The headings in WP 0011 are defined as follows:
a. MALFUNCTION. A visual or operational indication that something is wrong with the equipment.
b. TEST OR INSPECTION. A procedure to isolate the problem in a system or component.
CORRECTIVE ACTION. A procedure to correct the problem.