RECOVERY AND TOWING TECHNIQUES CONTINUED
3. Fasten tow line or tow bar to front or rear towing connection points on frame (Figure 2 or Figure 3).
4. Remove wheel blocks. Tow machine slowly. Do not tow machine faster than 1.2 mph (2 km/h).
END OF TASK
OPERATING PORTABLE FIRE EXTINGUISHER
1. Remove fire extinguisher from storage.
2. Hold fire extinguisher upright. Stand back 8 ft (2.4 m) from base of fire, point nozzle toward fire, and pull safety
3. Squeeze lever, discharging chemical at base of fire. Use a side-to-side motion to spread chemical.
4. After using fire extinguisher, order new fire extinguisher.
END OF TASK
WARN I N G
Personal injury or death can occur if steering is lost completely during operation.
Do not continue to operate the machine using secondary steering. If the secondary
steering activates during operation, immediately park machine in a safe location. Notify
Field Level Maintenance.
The machine's batteries must have a normal charge and the secondary steering electrical
system must be in proper working condition. A low charge condition, or any defect in the
battery, battery cells, or electrical circuit can cause loss of secondary steering and could
result in personal injury and/or damage to the machine.
C AU T I O N
Once secondary steering system has been activated, it should remain on no longer than
one minute. This should be sufficient time to safely steer machine to a stop. When the
machine is stopped, turn engine start switch to OFF position to turn off secondary
steering. Prolonged use of secondary steering system (longer than one minute) will cause
electric motor to overheat and cause damage to its components. If secondary steering
system is activated for longer than one minute, replace the pump, motor, and relay. Also,
wiring must be inspected for damage due to overheating. Notify Field Level Maintenance.
1. The secondary steering pump will activate automatically when the main steering power source fails, such as a
primary steering pump failure or engine failure. The secondary steering control will activate automatically when
the primary steering control system fails. Engine start switch must be in ON position for this system to operate.
2. The primary steering system pressure indicator will illuminate when there is a problem with the primary
3. The secondary steering system indicator will be amber in color when secondary steering system is active or
secondary steering system is being tested. Alert indicator will be red in color when a problem with secondary
steering system exists.
4. If a problem exists with the primary steering system or the secondary steering system, an alert indicator and an
action light come on and an action alarm sounds at a pulse rate. Notify Field Level Maintenance.
END OF TASK