EXTREME HEAT CONTINUED
1. When possible, park machine under cover. Refer to WP 0005.
2. Perform all After PMCS checks and services (WP 0013).
END OF TASK
MUD OR SOFT SURFACES
1. Before entering mud or other soft surfaces, check conditions and engage all-wheel drive and differential lock
(WP 0005). Select appropriate transmission gear range. Enter soft area at a medium speed for gear range
2. Maintain steady pressure on accelerator pedal to keep machine rolling until solid ground is reached. Do not
accelerate to point where wheels spin, if possible.
3. If machine gets stuck, try to pull out slowly in a low gear. Boards, dunnage, or similar materials may be placed
under tires to provide traction.
4. Clean and inspect for proper lubrication.
END OF TASK
SANDY OR DUSTY AREAS
1. Perform all Before PMCS checks and services (WP 0013).
2. Lubricate in accordance with LO 5-3805-293-13.
3. Check radiator for build-up of sand/dirt/debris often. Clean when necessary (WP 0025).
1. Maintain steady speeds with transmission in lower gears.
2. Engage differential lock and AWD when required (WP 0005).
3. Keep machine rolling through sand without straining engine or powertrain. If machine gets stuck, refer to
Recovery and Towing in this work package.
4. Monitor engine coolant and hydraulic oil temperature gauges on monitor system more frequently during
5. If ENGINE SYSTEM indicator illuminates on the monitor system, check and clean or replace engine air filter
6. Check hydraulic cylinders, circle top, centershift linkage, and articulation cylinders frequently. Do not allow
dust, dirt, or sand to collect on these components as their smooth working surfaces can be damaged by such