WARN I N G
When slave starting, use NATO slave cable that does NOT have loose or missing
DO NOT proceed if suitable cable is not available.
DO NOT use civilian-type jumper cables.
DO NOT allow disabled and booster machines to come in contact with each other at any
time during slave starting. Failure to follow these warnings may cause injury or death to
N OT E
Ensure that both disabled machine and booster machine are equipped with serviceable
1. Remove cover from slave receptacle (Figure 1, Item 1) on disabled machine and booster machine.
2. Connect slave cable to booster machine slave receptacle.
3. Connect other end of slave cable to slave receptacle of disabled machine, located on left side of engine
4. Turn battery disconnect switch of disabled machine to ON position.
5. Start booster machine and run at a speed just above idle.
6. Wait approximately five minutes, then crank disabled machine. If engine fails to crank, notify Field Level
7. After starting disabled machine, return booster machine to idle.
8. Remove slave cable from disabled machine, then from booster machine.
9. Replace cover on slave receptacle (Figure 1, Item 1).
Figure 1. Slave Receptacle.