TRAVELING AND EARTH MOVING OPERATIONS CONTINUED
4. Apply enough pressure on the toe to penetrate the surface 3-4 in. (75-100 mm).
N OT E
At this point, the primary concern is to follow the proposed ditch line. Example: If stakes
are utilized, ensure the right front tire is directly in line with the next stake.
5. At the completion of the marking cut, feather the material and raise the toe all the way. Continue forward
movement until the rear tires pass over and off the marking cut.
6. Straighten the front wheels and steer the grader to the right approximately 45 degrees to the ditch.
7. Back the grader along the outside edge of the windrow to the start point.
N OT E
After the initial marking cut, ensure quality control on all remaining cuts. The marking cut
provides and excellent track for the grader to follow. The grader is set up already for the
ditching cut to follow.
Steps 8 through 13 pertain to making "Ditching Cuts."
8. Pull forward and stop the grader just as the right front tire enters the marking cut.
Figure 44. Positioning Right Front Tire and Right End of Blade.