The transmission has eight forward gears, six reverse gears, and inching capability through the use of a transmis-
sion modulator pedal. Shifting can be performed by either launching the machine from NEUTRAL or sequential
speed shifting. Shuttle shifting (changing direction quickly) is also possible.
Before operator takes control of machine, the following events must occur:
1. Parking brake must be engaged.
2. Operator must be present in seat.
3. Transmission control switch must be in NEUTRAL position.
4. Left joystick must be aligned with front wheels.
5. Operator disengages parking brake.
WARN I N G
DO NOT leave operator seat while machine is in motion. Operator Presence System will
not respond. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury of death to personnel.
N OT E
Parking brake will automatically engage if the operator leaves the seat while the machine
is stopped and parking brake is not already engaged.
6. To re-establish operational control after parking brake has been automatically set, operator must return to seat
and reset parking brake by pushing top of parking brake switch, then pushing bottom of switch (Figure 9). Park-
ing brake will disengage and allow operator to regain operational control.
7. If steering joystick was disturbed during step 6, repeat steps 1 though 5.
Figure 9. Parking Brake Switch.