DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
ELECTRIC STARTING MOTOR
REMOVE ELECTRIC STARTING
1. Put identification on the wires for the starting
motor as to their location on the starting motor.
Disconnect six wires (1) to the starting motor.
2. Fasten a strap and hoist to remove the starting
motor. Remove three bolts (3), starting motor
(2) and gasket. The weight of the starter is 64
lb. (29 kg).
INSTALL ELECTRIC STARTING
1. Install gasket and starting motor (1) in position
in flywheel housing. Install three bolts (3) to
hold starting motor in place.
2. Connect six wires (2) to the starting motor.