DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
B A T T E R I E S
Batteries discharge highly explosive hydrogen
gas and can explode and shower you with sul-
furic acid if a spark is created near the battery.
Batteries can also cause burn Injuries when a
ring or watch completes a circuit between the
positive battery post and the frame of the
machine. To prevent Injuries always remove all
rings and watches and wear safety glasses while
work is done on or near the batteries. Use extra
caution not to cause sparks near the battery. Dis-
connect the positive cable, right side batten, first
and connect it last with the disconnect switch in
the off position
1. Remove battery cover (1).
2. Remove four nuts (3) and the hold down as-
sembly (4) from the battery base assembly (6).
3. Disconnect right positive battery cable (2)
4. Remove all other cables.
5. Remove both batteries (5) from the base as-
sembly. Weight of each battery is 48 lb. (22
INSTALL BATTERIES (with disconnect switch in
1. Install batteries (5) in the battery base assem-
2. Install any battery cable (except right battery
positive cable) (2).
3. Install right battery positive cable last (2).
4. Install the battery holddown assembly(4). In-
stall the nuts (3) to hold the holddown assemb-
ly in position.
5. Install battery cover (1).