TESTING AND ADJUSTING
5. Put 9S229 Contact Point on dial indicator
(7). Install dial indicator (7) in collet (5) and
tighten just enough to hold the dial indicator.
Tighten collet (5) only enough to hold the in-
dicator in this position. Move the dial of the
indicator to get alignment of the pointer and
zero. Remove the timing pin.
8. Remove plug (9) from the rear of the governor
9. Back out the bolt in compressor (10) five revolu-
tions and install the compressor in the hole plug
(9) was removed from.
6. Move the governor control lever to the FUEL
OFF position (rotate governor shaft clock-
wise). Install 7N1048 Timing Pin (8) in the
hole in the bracket assembly. Push the timing
pin in until contact is made with the fuel
7. Move the governor control lever to the HIGH
IDLE position (rotate governor shaft counter-
clockwise) and hold in this position. The fuel
rack will move against the timing pin and stop.
This is the rack zero position. Adjust the revo-
lution counter on the dial indicator to zero.