DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
ASSEMBLE TRANSMISSION GEARS
1. Install the seal ring in clutch hub (6). Put
the clutch hub in position on input gear (5).
2. Install seal rings (4) on shaft (2). Install the
seal ring and O-ring seal (1) on the shaft.
The seal ring must be under the O-ring seal.
3. Heat bearing (3) in oil to a temperature of
275° F (135° C). Install the bearing on the
4. Install the shaft in the clutch hub. Install
two bolts that hold the shaft and the clutch
hub to the input gear.
5. Turn the gear, hub and shaft over. Install
the remainder of bolts (7) that hold the
shaft and the clutch hub to the input gear.
6. Put clean SAE 10 oil on the clutch plates
7. Install six plates (9) and six discs (8) on the
input gear starting with a plate.
8. Install springs (10) in their correct locations
in the shaft.
9. Install plate (11) on the discs and plates.