DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
12. Remove input gear (13). Remove the small
bearing from the shaft with tooling (A).
Remove the large bearing from the shaft
with tooling (A).
13. To remove bearing (14), lift the idler gear.
Then put the idler gear in its original
position. Remove bearing (14).
14. Install a 3/4-10 NC forged eyebolt in the
shaft of the directional clutch. Fasten a
hoist to the eyebolt.
15. Lift idler gear (15) as shown. Remove the
directional clutch. Weight is 80 lb. (36 kg).
16. Do Steps 14 and 15 for the other direc-
17. Lift idler gear (15) and tilt the front of the
18. Lift on shaft ( 16) and remove the gear and
the shaft together.
19. Remove the three bearing cups from the
transmission gear case with tooling (B).