DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
38. Put balls (67) in position on the inserts in
the housing. Install the dowels in the
housing. Install the inserts in piston (68).
Put piston (68) in position on the balls.
39. Install four plates (65) and four discs (66)
over the hub starting with a plate. These
plates and discs are for the No.7 clutch.
40. Install ring gear (64) over the plates and the
NOTE: Ring gear (64) can be installed before the
discs and plates are installed.
41. Put piston (69) in position over the plates
and the discs for the No.7 clutch.
42. Install four discs (70) and three plates (71)
starting with a disc. These plates and discs
are for the parking brake clutch.
43. Install the internal ring and the O-ring seal
on the small diameter of cage (75). Install
the ring on the large diameter of cage (75).
44. Put cage (75) in position on hub (74). Put
the hub and the cage in position on a press.
45. Put springs (72) and plate (73) in position
on cage (75).
46. Install tooling (C) on the press and against
the plate as shown.
47. Put the springs in compression with tooling
(C) and the press.
48. Install retaining ring (76) on cage (75).
Slowly release the compression on the
springs and remove the tooling and the cage
and hub from the press.