28. Put bearing cage (47) in position over the
cage on the center shaft.
29. Install bolts (48) that hold the bearing cage
to the carrier.
30. Install springs (50) in the piston. Install
dowels (51) that hold the plates for the
No.5 and No.6 clutch in alignment. Put
housing (49) in position over the dowels
and the springs. Make sure the springs are in
their correct locations in the housing. Put
gear (46) in position on the center shaft.
31. Install. the inner and the outer ring seals on
piston (54). Install piston (54) in housing
32. Install ring gear (52). Install four discs (53)
and three plates (55) on the piston starting
with a disc. These discs and plates are for
the No.6 clutch. Install the springs in their
correct locations in piston (54).
33. Install bearings (60) in gears (58). Install the
gears and thrust washers (5 7) in carrier (56).
34. Install shafts (59) that hold the gears in the
carrier. Install the pins that hold the shafts
in the carrier.
35. Turn the carrier over. Lower the tempera-
ture of bearing (62). Install the bearing in
the carrier. Install the ring that holds the
bearing in the carrier. Install the carrier over
the center shaft and gear (46).
36. Install the inserts in housing (63). Put the
housing in position over the dowels and the
springs. Make sure the springs are in their
correct locations in the housing.
37. Put hub (61) in position over the center
shaft. Push down on the housings to put the
springs in compression. Lift up on the
center shaft. Install the ring that holds hub
(6 1) to the center shaft.
DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY