DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
9. Install center shaft (15) and the gears and
bearing in the carrier.
10. Install retaining ring (20) that holds the
bearing to the carrier.
11. Install ring gear (21).
12. Install the end plate on the input gear.
CAUTION: Put clean SAE 10 oil on all discs and
the plates when they are installed.
Install two discs (26) and one plate (25) on
the end plate starting with a disc. These
discs and this plate are for the No.3 clutch.
Install springs (24). Install the dowels in
housing (22). Install the inner and the outer
ring seals on piston (23). Install piston (23)
in housing (22). Install housing (22). Make
sure springs (24) are in their correct loca-
tions in the end plate and piston (23).
Install bearings (28) in gears (32). Install
gears (32) and thrust washers (31) in carrier
Install shafts (29) in the carrier and the
bearings for the gears. Install the pins that
hold the shafts in the carrier.
17. Turn the carrier over. Install the ring on
bearing (35). Install the bearing in the
18. Install ring (33) on the carrier. Put the ring
in compression. Install ring gear (31) on the
carrier and over the ring. Release the ring to
hold the gear.
19. Hit pins (30) with a punch and a hammer
from the other side to hold the ring gear to
the gear on the carrier.